The Design of the VC100 in the review
Cordless handheld vacuums are ten a penny on the market. Very few manufacturers of many rather cheap - and low quality - devices give no importance to a chic appearance and don’t really pay attention to detail.
Vorwerk, on the other hand, saw this shortcoming as a chance and took the criticism into account for the design of the VC100.
Rounded edges and a slim design in minimalist white contribute to a modern, classy look. From now on, there’s no need to hide the device from visitors anymore.
You can easily put the vacuum down without it rolling away, because the bottom side is flat. There are LEDs on top that give you information about the battery status.
How big and how heavy is the VC100?
|42 cm (16.5 inches)
|0.65 kg (1.4 lbs)
The device has a size of only 42 cm (16.5 inches), which makes it very small and easy to store. The VC100 weighs 650 grams (1.4 lbs) and is therefore a lightweight among cordless hand vacuums.
Thanks to the low weight and the small size it’s quite comfortable and convenient to clean with Vorwerk’s cordless hand vacuum.
The Vorwerk Kobold VC100 portable handheld vacuum in the cleaning review
We gave the cordless handheld vacuum VC100 from Vorwerk's Kobold series quite a dirty challenge to see whether it does a good job when it comes to its main task - vacuuming. We spread and vacuumed both coarse dirt (lentils) and very fine dirt (sand) on different floor types.
Review results of the VC100
During the review of the VC100 we noticed that the suction power is very strong despite the small size of the unit.
On the hard floor, the device was able to suck up all the dirt without any problems.
Also on the long-fibre carpet, the VC100 didn’t have any problems with removing lenses. It had a harder time with sand. We had to vacuum it two or three times until the dirt was removed completely.
All in all, the little household helper came out with flying colors and had a very impressive cleaning performance.
Maintenance of the VC100
Opening and emptying the Vorwerk Kobold VC100
You can remove the front part of the device to open and empty the dirt container. To do this, you have to pull the "lever" on the bottom side.
A small filter separates the dirt container from the engine compartment. You can empty the dirt container as soon as you pull out the filter.
How to change the filter of the VC100?
You have to do the same to change the filter.
This is not a long-lasting filter, which means it has to be changed from time to time and cannot be washed out when it’s dirty.
You can buy a new filter for 6 euros (5 £).
At the beginning, we had a bit of a hard time putting the motor unit and the dirt container together and had to practise a bit. But once you get the hang of it, it's quite easy.
A rechargeable battery for the Vorwerk Kobold VC100
The battery is permanently installed, which is a real disadvantage for the service life and the environment. You have to be a hobbyist to replace it by yourself. If the battery is defective, you can send it in for maintenance, too.
Conclusion and price-performance ratio of the Vorwerk Kobold VC100 cordless handheld vacuum
In our opinion, it’s not the end of the world that there are some minor problems while putting it together after emptying and that it doesn’t have a sophisticated holder.
Otherwise, the Vorwerk Kobold VC100 is a high-quality cordless handheld vacuum.
Thanks to the good workmanship, you get a long-lasting device. In the long run you’ll definitely save some money on new purchases due to the premium quality and durability.
The suction power of the small device is really impressive and it’s a no brainer to remove dirt with it.
It’s also got a decent appearance. And there’s not a lot of devices of which you could say the same!
That's why we recommend this cordless hand vacuum as an addition to the VB100 or to a conventional vacuum.
How we test our cordless vacuum cleaners
Joe, our wireless vacuum expert on the Smart Home Fox team, has spent over half a decade meticulously testing every model that has landed with us.
His vast experience allows him to evaluate and assess each product accurately.
Backed by rigorous testing of numerous models, our reviews provide comprehensive, unbiased advice.
We assess the cleaning performance of each vacuum cleaner, compare it to the competition, and then rate it.
Curious about us? 🤔
Learn more about the Smart Home Fox team on our 'About Us' page.
Our ratings are always based on a standardised practical test.
We evaluate cordless vacuum cleaners in different categories, such as:
- Suction Test: How effectively does it clean different types of debris on various floor surfaces?
- Usability: How practical is the vacuum for daily use?
- Design: Is it well-made? Was user-friendliness a priority during design?
- Package Contents: Does it come with useful, high-quality attachments?
- Model Comparison: How does the vacuum compare to other models?
- Cleaning Features: What factors contribute to the vacuum's cleaning performance
- Hand Vacuum Usability: Can it be used as a handheld vacuum, and if yes, how well does it function?
- Ease of Use: How user-friendly is the vacuum?
- Battery Performance: How long can it clean on a single charge?
- Maintenance: What maintenance is required, how often, and how much time does it take?
- Value for Money: Is the hoover worth its cost in terms of performance?
With these standard tests, we aim to compare different vacuum cleaners and offer you the best possible advice.
This way, you can make an informed decision for your next purchase! 🛍️
If you're interested in understanding how we test our products, check out our detailed cordless vacuum testing procedure.
Why you can trust us
- For years, we have been testing tons of products from more than 13 different categories.
- For our articles and tests, we have spent well over 5,000 hours on research.
- To make the testimonials readable for you, we have written well over 1 million words!
- That's why over 5 million readers visit us every year and are grateful for the helpful information we provide. We can see this in tons of fan mail via email, reactions to our Youtube videos, or on our social media channels.
- A team of 6 smart-home experts regularly check the accuracy of our articles and provide training for our entire team of writers.
- Smart-Home-Fox is also present in other countries such as Germany and France.
- We work with TÜV Rheinland certified (Smart Home consultant) experts.
- We are talked about in numerous media outlets as well, like the Huffpost.